Rules of the Ring
This is a sport, and we do play by certain rules.
Here’s a quick run down.
- Care for your partner, never strike with ill-intention
- Respect your partner, do not underestimate their ability, this will keep you safe
- Never strike the face.
- Avoid striking with more power than you can control. You should be able to stop every strike before it lands.
- Call out “distance” if you’re partner is going to run into something or someone.
- No stabbing.
- Wear Gloves if you value your hands and wrists.
- Wear a Cup if you value you’re goods.
- Wear Eye Protection if you enjoy the luxury of sight.
- Respect the LightSaber and use it with care
- Use a mid-grade blade when sparring (if you fight with heavy-grade, not only can you hurt you’re opponent more easily, but you will break a mid-grade blade)
Scoring and Parameters
- Hits below the elbow and knees are non-mortal. When hit here, you must stop you’re movement, call out i! and indicate the struck area, but the opponent can continue attacking.
- Hits above the the elbows and knees are mortal. When hit here, call out O! and both fighters reset in guard position for next round.
- Number of rounds, Time Limit, and Fighting Area is determined before the fight.
Many of these rules are adapted from LudoSport Guidelines.